Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Meet the Newcomers Part 2: Chrissy Steffen

Allison, Chrissy, Jessie
Chrissy and Jen

Chrissy Steffen


Hi my name is Chrissy Steffen, and I am the youngest of four children. I have three older brothers: John, Tim, and Mark. The past year I became an Aunt. I have a niece, Hailey, and a nephew, Michael. My parents are John and Patty. I also have a cat named Marley (he is now on Facebook). I attended Carmel High School in Indiana, and our team won the 4A state championship my junior year.

Our first official practice started on Friday, and it is definitely a different experience than a high school practice. They have been going well so far, and I’ve already learned so many new things (especially on the defensive end). I have never had to talk this much, but I really think it makes a huge difference in practice, and it helps get us through the sometimes long 3 hours. As Coach Miller would say, “A quiet court is a losing court,” but it’s never quiet with Coach Roos and her loud clap. :) The upper classmen really help all the “newcomers/freshmen” through practice, and teach us so many different things. I am excited to start basketball season!

There have already been so many good memories since I first started here at BGSU. We’ve had the strongwoman contest, the golf outing, an “over the hill” party, and just memories we get spending time with our teammates. There is a definite bond watching our weekly TV shows like Desperate Housewives (Kevin’s favorite show), Cougar Town (thanks to Coach Miller), Grey’s Anatomy, and Private Practice. We all even have an alias for the Desperate Housewives characters, hence the nicknames Susan and Bree for Danielle and me. I love BGSU so far, and the college atmosphere here, especially my 10x14 box of a dorm room. Life isn’t too bad here, even with classes and practices. My teammates make it all worth it, and are always there for support and leadership. The weight room isn’t half bad either, plus I have these monstrous guns now that Kevin can’t even match up to. This is definitely the place for me, and I can’t wait to experience what the next four years brings.

Go Falcons!!

Chrissy "Screen Magnet" Steffen

No comments: