Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Meet the Newcomers Part 4: Jess Slagle




Hola Falcon Fans!

I am yet another one of the three freshman this year. I come to you from Lehman Catholic High School in Sidney, Ohio.

Wow, what a eye-opening experience these first two exhibition games have been! Despite actually being a part of the team since a couple months ago, there's nothing like putting on your jersey for the first time and realizing just how far you've come already. As for running out into Anderson Arena for the first time, I have no words to describe it. Warming up, I couldn't help but glance over at the baseline bleachers where I used to reside during games last year and smile.

Then again, that was just warmups! The fan support during and after each game reminded me of one of the reasons I chose Bowling Green. Our fan support is second to none. Coach Miller has always told us that it is difficult for other teams to come into Anderson and play, and now I can see why! It is your support that keeps this program on its path to success year after year.

Coming up this Friday is our first season game against Temple, and it can't come fast enough. We have been working hard and preparing all week for a tough, athletic Temple team, and can't wait for the challenge!

Ay Ziggy Zoomba Zoomba Zoomba...[ Picture me singing you the fight song ;) ]

Roll Along Falcons!

Jess Slagle

No comments: