Sunday, November 9, 2008

Meet the Newcomers Part 1: Maggie Hennegan




Hey Falcon Fans!




Welcome to the start of the 2008-09 Women's Basketball season! I will try to keep our blog updated from the road and on a weekly basis, so you know what's going on with your Falcons. This week I thought I would introduce you to our five newest Falcons. Everyday this week you will be hearing from one of our new players. Today meet Maggie Hennegan...




Roll Along! Beat Temple!


Coach Poole






Hey BG Fans!

I am one of the new additions to our team this year. I am a red-shirt sophomore from Cincinnati. It’s great to be back in Ohio and here at Bowling Green. I transferred to our team from Saint Louis University where I played for two years.

Coming to Bowling Green was an easy choice because of how comfortable I felt with the team and coaching staff in just a short time. I also came because I want to help keep the winning tradition alive. It’s special being a part of a team and program like ours. Another key reason is the community support. It’s exciting to hear about the home court advantage we had in the WNIT game last year. The atmosphere around women’s basketball at BG is so positive and intense!

The first few weeks of practice have been challenging and exciting. I’ve been playing basketball long enough that I feel like I can pick up on the new drills and terminology pretty quickly. Although I must admit that “playing cat and mouse” and “sitting in the lap” are both new for me. Executing our offense and playing defense against our very athletic guys practice squad prepares us for any opponent. Practices have also helped us to come together as a team. If one of us makes a great play we’re right there to cheer, hive five and even sometimes give a chest bump. When one of us isn’t playing well we are learning how to bring the best out of each other…before the Coaches have to try(: I’m learning something new about each of my teammates styles of play with every practice. With each practice we are coming together a little bit more. We’re getting the car ready to Drive For Five!

Maggie Hennegan

No comments: