Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Meet the Newcomers Part 2: Maribeth Giese




Hey Falcon Fans!

I am one of the three freshmen on the team this year. I am from Mother of Mercy High School in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I am so excited about this season! I can’t wait for the regular season to start and have the opportunity to compete in the MAC. The first few weeks of practice have been quite a challenge, but the team is coming together nicely. We’ve all had our good and bad days, and we’re always there to support each other along the way.

My decision to join the Bowling Green family is one of the best choices I’ve ever had to make. My teammates, coaches, trainers and managers have all been extremely helpful in my transition from being a high school student athlete to a college basketball player. It’s been great getting to know some of the fans and boosters, and I can’t wait to play in Anderson Arena with the amazing support of the community.

Our first game is this coming Friday, and we are getting ready to face Temple for our season opener. Go Falcons!!

Maribeth Giese

2 comments:

True Blue Mercy Fan said...

Hi Falcon fans! You will love Maribeth! No one works harder than MB! Besides being a great basketball player and teammate, she's a beautiful person! Her high school community misses her but supports her too! Go Falcons!

kuju said...

I got a sample of her outgoing personality when I bought a ticket recently. I was at the ticket booth in Anderson Arena when Maribeth walked by. She heard me order a ticket for the women's game and said "That's what I like to hear!". I appreciated her taking time to talk to me. I look forward to seeing her play here for the next 4 years.