Thursday, June 18, 2009

WBCA Board of Directors



Hello Falcon Fans!

Exciting news. I have recently been named to the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) Board of Directors. The announcement was made by the WBCA on Wednesday (June 17).

I am excited about my appointment to the board by WBCA CEO Beth Bass and WBCA President Geno Auriemma. I am joining an elite group of coaches that will keep working hard to build the game of women’s basketball.

I was appointed, along with San Diego State head coach Beth Burns, to the board to fill the positions of Northern Illinois coach Carol Owens and Arizona State coach Charli Turner-Thorne, after they were named to the WBCA’s Executive Committee. Turner-Thorne has been named the new Vice President as she follows in the footsteps of Connecticut’s Geno Auriemma, who will take the reins as WBCA President in August. Owens has been named to the Secretary position, taking over for Bonnie Henrickson (Kansas).

Over the past couple of years, I have also been actively involved in several other committees. I am currently the chair of the Russell Athletic/WBCA National Coach of the Year Committee. I am also a member of the NCAA Women’s Basketball Rules Committee and the WBCA Legislative Sub-Committee

No comments: