Monday, June 1, 2009

Aloha...or Someday I Will Live Where There are Palm Trees

View of Waikiki from the top of DiamondHead crater
Shave Ice...I think I had multiple of these a day...

Haunama Bay


View of Downtown Honolulu and marina from our room




View of Diamond Head from Waikiki beach


Although I do miss being on the court with the team, this time of year is nice because we actually do have some time to ourselves. We all heard about Kevin's vacation last week...so now you all get to hear about my trip to Hawaii. This was the first major vacation I have taken in the last three years and it was fabulous. I travelled to Oahu with my oldest and dearest friend from childhood. He lives in Denver and we rarely get to see one another, but every few years, we decide to get away from it all and go someplace fun. The flight is really long, but so worth it once you land on the island. We spent 6 days over there (I actually got a bonus day because they cancelled my flight...yep that was rough!). We hiked to the top of Diamond Head and to a beautiful waterfall in the forest. That was the extent of my physical activity! :) The rest of the time was pretty much spent lounging by the pool and/or beach and lots and lots of eating. We did spend one day driving around the island and visiting the North Shore. We also spent a day at Haunama Bay, one of the most beautiful places to go snorkeling on the island. If you have never been to Hawaii, I would highly recommend it! It was refreshing to be out of the office for a few days, although I did miss the staff. :) I am now settled back into work and excited for the rest of the team to be back on campus here soon. Our Freshmen arrive in 25 days and we are very excited to finally welcome them to campus!!
Ok, next week you will all get to know what Coach Roos did on her vacation to New York City... she leaves tomorrow so wish her safe travels!

Go Falcons!!

Brandi

No comments: