Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas with the Roos's

Enjoy this week's blog from Coach Roos...If you find a large inflatable snowman in your yard, it's probably been blown away from her yard. Please return. :)


Dear Falcon Faithful,
HoHoHo! Merry Christmas! Just like the late, great Burl Ives sang, "This is the best time of the year." (besides March Madness of course). Some of my best memories growing up are the traditions that my family and I have surrounding Christmas. I have tried to incorporate those traditions to my home in Bowling Green.
Feel free to incorporate any of these holiday traditions into your Christmas! (None have been trademarked yet)

#1: No yard is complete without an inflatable holiday decoration. Yes, I said inflatable! It is a family tradition to have the largest inflatable in the neighborhood. I grew up with a 20 foot tall inflatable Santa Claus in my backyard and I have continued that tradition with my own 15 foot tall inflatable Frosty the Snowman in my yard. It left everyone in the office speechless when they saw him! Even when I go recruiting, I will pull off the side of the road or slow down to enjoy seeing a great inflatable holiday display.

#2: Sometimes Santa needs some help in delivering gifts so he gets it from some very important people. Since I grew up in Kentucky, I always had gifts under the tree from Santa Claus as well as Rick Pitino, Tubby Smith, and other Kentucky great basketball players like Jamal Mashburn, Richie Farmer and my all time favorite Kenny "Sky" Walker! So now, I have gifts under my tree from Freddy and Frieda Falcon, the sharp shooting guard Stephan Curry (from my alma mater at Davidson College) and Billy Gillespie (UK's men's basketball coach).

#3 Last but not least, our annual Christmas Eve dinner is none other than KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken)! It is the best and we watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Cutting down the Christmas tree and the scene with the squirrel coming out of the tree inside the house are absolute classic scenes for any movie lover!

It is always amazing to me how fast the non-conference schedule goes and it is almost the start of the MAC season! We will be ready for it and it will be like Christmas morning, when the ball goes up in the air for the opening tip for that first MAC game!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all, and to all go put that inflatable holiday decoration in your yard today!
Roll Along,
Coach Roos

No comments: